In this article, I'll show you how you can make your very own bullet/shell bottle opener. All you need is a .50 caliber deactivated round and some workshop tools!
Step 1 Materials and Tools
- .50 caliber bullet/shell (look online, or you can get one here)
- Hacksaw (a saw intended to cut metal; can be purchased at most hardware stores)
- Benchtop vice
- Black Sharpie or similar marker
- Some sandpaper
- Metal file
Step 2 The Procedure
1. First, take your bullet shell and draw the outline of the cut, like so:
2. Secure the bullet in your vice and cut along the mark slanted from the back of the casing towards the copper slug on top.
3. Now, cut the second slit slanted slightly towards the casing's end, until you reach the end of your last cut, freeing the piece of metal, and creating a hole.
4. This is the hardest part. Lay the file inside the hole so that it sits just inside the left side of the hole (if you're facing the bullet with the end at your right). File down that portion until you create a large lip. This lip is what grabs the bottle lid and yanks it off.
5. Finally, sand off the rough edges with the sandpaper and give the bullet a polish.
Enjoy impressing your friends :)
- DO NOT attempt this with a live bullet! Ensure the bullet has been disarmed before sawing into it. No powder should be inside the casing and the primer should be spent.
- Hacksaws and files can be dangerous! Be careful.
- I am not responsible for any damage or harm you cause.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades