You must ONLY conduct this experiment if you are experienced in using combustibles and understand the risk. Fire is very dangerous and can seriously burn you. Seems harmless at first, but believe me, these are bubbles turned evil. When ignited, the bubbles pop almost instantly, and all the propane is released in a huge fireball.
Here's a video of it in action:
- Soap and water (simply said, a bubble-making mixture)
- Large metal pan.
- Propane blowtorch (I found one that gives the option to unscrew the top nozzle work best)
This experiment should be done outside. Fire is very dangerous.
Remove the TOP of the propane nozzle, it should unscrew with a little effort. Next, place the top head of the propane tank (including what's left of the blowtorch) and turn it on SLOWLY. Bubbles should start to form, make sure they are as small as possible. A good way to ensure this is to keep the nozzle vertical, so that it presses into the bottom of the pan creating higher pressure.
Finally, when you've made a desired amount of bubbles, soap up your hand (or hands, if you have somebody to light the bubbles for you), grab some bubbles (ensuring you hold the bubbles PALM UP—otherwise they will burn you), and ignite them at ARMS LENGTH.
Once you see fire, drop your arm so that all the bubbles are engulfed in the inferno. The bubbles will burst into a huge, satisfying fireball.
- Ensure your hands are soapy. It protects them from the fire, and allows you to pick up the bubbles.
- Try varying the size of the bubbles, they burn differently.
- Should the nozzle head freeze up, just crack off the ice to prevent propane-flow issues.
- Use a shallow pan, it makes it easier to grab the bubbles without them popping.
- If you're using two hands, you could also light a candle rather than finding an assistant.
- If using two hands, try clapping the bubbles QUICKLY over the handle, and removing your hands QUICKLY. If done correctly, it makes a bigger fireball.
- Fire is dangerous! Don't burn yourself.
- Do this in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not throw the burning bubbles at living beings!
- I am not responsible for any harm or damage you cause.
- ENSURE you ignite the bubbles PALM UP, otherwise they will burn you.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades